Friday, May 19, 2017

Double Dutch Door Specialty Fold

Last month I wrote about the Tech Challenge on ATCM and how intimidating they could be - but how good they are for our growth, in trying new techniques.  This month the Tech Challenge was to do a Specialty fold (more than one fold) ~ Our Choice.  And who do I get as my swap partner? My BFF who is the most awesome card maker and knows how to do ALL the fancy folds... again fear creeps in as I put off this card as long as I can.

But through a Pinterest posting by Angie Leach on Too Cool Stamping , I was inspired to put my twist on a Barn Shaped card using a Specialty Fold called the 
Double Dutch Door.


I combined two stamp sets for this project - the Hey Chick! banner and silly Aqua haired roof chicken are from the Stampin Up set Hey Chick!.  

The other animals are from the Cottage Cutz Farm Animals set (purchased from Bargain Outlet).

As you raise the roof and open the barn doors, inside you find more animals along with the area to write your note. 

I believe this is a 'fancy fold' I'd like to use again with a different stamp set. How about you?  I'd love to see your ideas!

Thank you for stopping by  ~ I hope you enjoyed my card posting.
Serving a Risen Savior, Pam 

This posting will also appear on the following sites:







1 comment:

  1. What a fun and fabulous card Pam - love the fold and the cute animals!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete